It’s been a minute since I posted a recipe here. Between work, dietetic internship, and just life in general, getting around to being creative in the kitchen has definitely fallen to the back burner!
This recipe was actually inspired by something I saw on TikTok (https://email@example.com ) but I played around with to make it my own!
This meal checks all your boxes!
Centered around a protein source… check!
Serving of vegetables… check!
Fat source… check!
Starchy carb… check!
It’s satisfying, filling, and so easy to throw together. I was even able to make the short video below while doing it. Don’t mind my transitions, I’m still an amateur video editor 😉
In our house, we usually do rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes or rice and some type of vegetable. It typically gets repurposed for salads or sandwiches but over time, going back to those same options can be boring. Rotisserie chickens are a wonderful and convenient source of protein though so finding different ways to use them can be great! If you’re into Greek or Mediterranean-themed meals, this one is for you!
If you want something simple, light, refreshing, and full of protein, look no further! Make sure you save this blog post for the recipe!
Mediterranean Rotisserie Chicken Bowls
- 2 medium or 3 small cucumbers, chopped
- Several grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/2 an avocado, chopped
- can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles (I used fat-free)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 tsp. of olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- rice of choice (I used basmati)
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
- Add all vegetables, chickpeas, and feta cheese to a bowl
- Squeeze or pour lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper over the mixture
- Toss gently to incorporate everything together
- Add rice, salad mixture, and chicken to a bowl
This recipe is versatile so feel free to play around with it and make it your own! Adding olives, steak, or lamb would be awesome additions as well!
If you make it, be sure to tag me!
If you haven’t already, check out Arrow’s Instagram page where all FOUR of our coaches provide valuable content each week that could help you make progress towards your goals!
If you love our content, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter!